Have a question? Please ask!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Boy's take on Spaghetti Hot Dogs! {Kid Friendly Recipe}

On a stroll through some blogs off a list of blogs Sadie from Randomosity was kind enough to get going (make sure to jump on there) I came across the Aubut Family blog where I came across this recipe: Spaghetti Hot Dogs! {Kid Friendly Recipe}: where she came across this recipe here: IronShay | Spaghetti Hot Dog:

At first I was like.. hmmm.. cool fun idea for the kids to get involved in... but was not so sure how I would like it as a meal for myself being a savory person loving some hard core meat and potatoes, but we decided to give it a try.


The boys actually did the majority of it short of boiling the water and pulling the completed dogs back out..

The boys are busy building their "robots"!


 Andrew showing off his creation.
 Billy hard at work!
 Progress!
 Almost ready for their boiling bath!
 In they go!

 More!
 All in!
 Boiling.. 
 They are done!
We decided they needed a little something more than just plain hot dogs and noodles so we topped them with spaghetti sauce.  

They boys final thoughts... Delicious!!!  Mom.. still looking around the kitchen for a roast or a BLT! 
'via Blog this'

5 comments:

WhIsKeY said...

What a cute and fun idea! I might have to try that with some cheese sauce.

Our 365 Days said...

What a fun idea!! I am def. going to have to try that with my boys!!!

I'm following you =) Come check out my blog... I'm just getting started but have some great ideas for it!

casey aubut said...

Thanks for the mention! My kids had a blast with these. Not saying they are gourmet (or that I would eat them!) but it was a fun activity! LOL!
cassandra

Unknown said...

Same here Cassandra.. They were "all right" I guess.. maybe it might be better with some Italian sausage or or something more savory.. but you were right, the kids had fun doing it, they liked them, and bottom line.. that is all that mattered! :-)

Timsboots.com said...

That is too cool! Great pics!

AWU Tweets!