Have a question? Please ask!

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Skillet Bacon Spread Review


Skillet Original Flavor Bacon Spread
Skillet Food Products LLC.
email: Wholesale@skilletbaconjam.com
website:  http://www.skilletbaconjam.com
phone: 425-998-6817

One of my deepest guilty pleasure is BACON!  I can't get enough of it!  I am a true connoisseur of bacon. With that being said, I would never lead any other bacon lover down the wrong path where bacon is concerned.  When you are looking to try something new, and you love BACON, then this is exactly what you are looking for.  Skillet's Bacon Spread is the perfect combination of smoky delectable bacon with just the right amount of a sweet undertone with a dash (mild) of tang.  This savory blend will delight every sense you have!  I took a couple pictures of my Skillet Bacon Spread, but as you can see, the clarity is not what I would have liked.  But the main purpose of the pictures was to give you a realistic look at what this spread presented like.  



I know this picture is super blurry and I apologize; this was hard to capture.
Ingredients: Cured Bacon, Onion, Balsamic Vinegar, Brown Sugar, Cane Molasses, Salt, Pepper 


This is what the bacon spread looks like.
If you are a bacon lover like myself, then the look will not bother you.
After all, it is REAL BACON, not no facon bacon, or artificial bacon!
And it taste marvelous!  
Now, although this may not look so appealing, trust me, it taste MARVELOUS!  I kid you not!  I wasn't real sure how I was going to first experience my bacon spread treat when I first got it, and being a bacon freak, I don't really need directions on how to consume anything that has bacon as a prime ingredient, so of course, the first taste was by spoon... not on anything, just a spoonful (kind of like a spoonful of sugar helps make the medicine go down - a spoonful of bacon makes it a treat!)  Again.. it was awesome!!!  Now, mind you, if you are not used to pulling cooked bacon straight out of the frig and eating it, then you may not approve of eating this straight up, because no matter how much you render bacon you are going to have some grease.  So on the palate it was a bit greasy, but tasted fantastic.  Next taste was on a toasted hamburger bun with a burger and cheese!  Skip all those condiments, you won't need them.. the burger, bacon spread and cheese make the sandwich a delight.  Only thing I think I would consider adding next time is some caramelized onions.  


On the SkilletBaconJam.com website they offer quite a few recipes to use your Bacon Spread with.  Here is one of them that is on my list to cook:   




Skillet Bacon Chicken with Mushrooms

Submitted by Jane Rodmell, All the Best Fine Foods, Toronto
Posted 09/15/2011
Serves: 4
Just a spoonful of Skillet bacon jam stirred in turns pan juices into a dynamite sauce for sautéed chicken. Add a dash of cream for pure delicious indulgence. Other chicken pieces work well, just adjust cooking time. If you are lucky enough to have any leftovers, shred glazed chicken and pile on a crusty bun with some aged cheddar.

Ingredients

1 tbsp (15 ml) extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
4 whole chicken legs
Pinch Kosher or Sea Salt
Pinch freshly ground pepper
1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped fresh rosemary
8 ounces (226 g) medium-sized mushrooms, quartered
1/2 cup (120 ml) red wine
1/2 cup (120 ml) chicken stock or ¼ cup stock and ¼ cup cream
2 tb (30 ml) Skillet Original Bacon Spread
Fresh lemon juice to taste 

Instructions

In a large frying pan, heat oil and butter over medium high heat.

Season chicken lightly with salt and pepper and add to pan. Brown well, about 10 minutes on each side. Reduce heat to medium, add rosemary and mushrooms. Stir occasionally to cook mushrooms evenly and continue to cook until chicken is cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes more. 


Remove chicken and mushrooms to a side plate. Remove excess fat from pan and add wine and stock. Stir to release cooking juices and reduce to sauce consistency. Stir in Skillet Original Bacon Spread: heat through for a minute. Add cream, if using.

Taste and sharpen flavor with a dash of lemon juice. Return chicken and mushrooms to the pan: heat briefly, stirring to coat with the smoky onion sauce.


You can find more recipes like this one here:  Skillet Street Food
You can find Skillet Bacon Spread in a store near you or at one of my favorite hangouts:  BaconFreak.com
If you have questions about Skillet Bacon Jam email them at eat@skilletstreetfood.com.  They are always happy to answer any questions you may have.  


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  And this is definitely one of them!  Bow to the bacon!!!

No comments:

AWU Tweets!