Have a question? Please ask!

Thursday, December 1, 2011

This is not my Title


I think the biggest struggle I have to this very day, including this blog is creating a catchy  title that grabs readers attention.  Every once in a while I will pull it off but for the majority of the time, I fail.  However, a great title is important in more ways than one.  Not only does your title have to catch readers attention, in article writing it also has to contain the main keyword of topic as well as deliver a promise.


After reading that can you see where this is a struggle for article writers?  I feel for my entire team when it comes to creating effective catchy SEO rich titles.  I could have used the title for this blog, “How To Create a Great Article Title” but seriously, for one, it is not catchy and for another thing, I can’t 100% deliver what the title suggest.  You should always be able to deliver what the title suggest within your article.

I guess the best advice I can give anyone, including the awesome writers of Article Write Up is to write your article first when a catchy title doesn’t hit you right away.  Then reread your article and ask yourself these two questions:
What does my article deliver to the reader?  
What is the main keyword/subject?  



After you have answered those two questions, attempt to create a catchy title with those two facts.  You will not always come up with a title that is likely to go viral but if you have a strong introduction to catch your readers, then you save yourself where your title was lacking.  Just make sure to have at least the main keyword and deliver what your title suggest within your article.

How do you go about creating your titles for articles?

No comments:

AWU Tweets!