Have a question? Please ask!

Sunday, December 4, 2011

You can comment any day now....


Okay, I am not delusional and think that everyone is going to be running to this blog to comment about writing tips and marketing tips.  It definitely is not everyone’s cup of tea and some could honestly care less.  I’m not mad at them.  I totally get it.  But when we do get comments on our blogs, we do appreciate it.  You can learn a lot about your readers through their reaction to your post through their comments.


Comments are your inside view of what your target market is or if you are even reaching your target market.  If you are sitting with a lot of blogs that have no comments on it, one of two things are happening - you are either not reaching your target market or your writing is not enticing anyone to comment.  Either way, this is not utilizing your time and efforts in internet marketing the way you need it to increase conversion if you have a business blog.

Now, do not get me wrong.  Not all your writing has fell into the abyss.  If you wrote using adequate keywords and you used hyperlinks generously to not only your website but other off sites, the search engines are reading your blogs. :-)

So why do most bloggers ask people to respond with their thoughts or any questions at the end of their blogs?  Well, they do this for the reason I mentioned above (getting an inside view of their readers), but also comments help build traffic, traffic helps to build blog rankings, and blog rankings help to build conversion.  What many business blog owners do not realize is that by leaving comments on other bloggers blogs also helps them in rankings and with crawl engines.  So when a blogger ask a question for feedback or even merely implies they would like a response from the reader, leave a comment.  It doesn’t have to be a book,- just a thoughtful comment would be nice. (Note this blogs title ;-)

In closing though, before you all go off on a comment frenzy let me speak my mind on just a couple comment points.  Unless you have something great going on over on your blog, don’t get crazy with dropping your link everywhere.  In addition, actually read the bloggers blog.  Don’t just leave some spammy comment.  (So very rude and more than likely if the blogger monitors their comments, it will get deleted or worse yet, marked as spam which does not look good on you.)  Make sure if a blog leaves you the opportunity to include a link back to your blog or to your website, utilize that.  Yes, take that whole 15 seconds and type out that link!  (Again, that will help you with the crawl bots.)

Okay.. So why am I telling you this, well - for one - everyone likes to be acknowledge fo rthe time they put into their blogs regardless if it is business related and when they fall into the abyss many bloggers give up thinking it is fruitless.  It isn’t, honest, but I agree, it is nicer when your blogs are being acknowledge.  So, without further ado - You can comment any day now... :-)

12 comments:

cissy said...

Hey there! Followed you back and thanks for coming over to Thoughts of a Mother, Wife, and Daughter. I can tell you that at one point I felt exactly the same way, but I can also tell you that you should not give up. Keep posting and they will come.

Unknown said...

Thank you Cissy.. :-) I am posting a link to your blog in case any other readers want to follow and read your blogs.. :-)
http://www.thoughtsofamotherwifeanddaughter.com/

cissy said...

Need you to email us @ cissy.bobbie@yahoo.com.
You won the Rachael Ray Express Meals Cookbook.

cissy
http://thoughtsofamotherwifeanddaughter.com

Unknown said...

OM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really!!! Super.. I am emailing you NOW!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited!!! Thank you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great Post!!! I love comments on my blog and although I may not get to read them every 5 minutes I do read them! Thinking of putting a link to this article on my fb site!

Unknown said...

Me too Pargas.. Heck.. we are all human.. we all like to be acknowledged.. LOL! And I cry when I'm not! LOL! JK! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I have been trying to be better at leaving comments on blogs I read. I know how much I like reading comments, but there are times I don't really know what to say and just feel silly saying 'nice post'. PS. I have 2 blogs these days. Who knew that would happen?

Unknown said...

I am the same way Deb.. I think we are all to a point.. When I can't think of anything to say I read another blog on the page and try to find one I can relate to. Then there are those blog sites that it seems like every single blog is speaking to me.. lol! And then if it is a blog that has food pics on it.. I am in LOVE.. just don't want to make the food but often wondered about how I could arrange for those bloggers to come cook for me.. LOL!

Anonymous said...

You said it! Love this post! Newest follower and I grabbed your badge! added a G+

http://babasfarmlife.com/

Rachel R said...

Thanks for all the great advice! I've learned a thing or two looking over your posts. I thought this one, since it was about comments, was a good one to comment on :)

I'm visiting you through the Alexa hop.

Visited your site. Here's mine: My Baby Sleep Guide

Rated you on Alexa. Here's mine: http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/mybabysleepguide.com

Could you please leave a comment when you visit my site? Thanks!
Rachel

Unknown said...

Hi Rachel,
I visited your site and left an Alexa review. Thank you for yours! Best to you and yours this wonderful New Year! ~ Deana

Rachel R said...

I believe it was crunchy frugalista, and thanks!

AWU Tweets!